Our family planning services support your choices – whether that’s preventing pregnancy or determining the number of children you desire and their appropriate spacing. Through Mary’s Center, you can expect:
- Access to condoms and other forms of contraception
- Comprehensive family planning, health education, and resources
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Resources for preventing pregnancy and managing unintended pregnancies
The knowledgeable and caring Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) at Mary’s Center are here to take the best care of your pregnancy and gynecological needs and make sure you and your baby are safe. Mary’s Center CNMs actively consult with our OB/GYN doctors if a high-risk situation develops so you can rest assured that you and your baby are in good hands. Midwifery services can be found at every location in DC and Maryland.
Mary’s Center provides compassionate, quality reproductive care for all women and our doctors and physician assistants are dedicated to providing you the best care possible. In addition to caring for you during pregnancy and birth, we also provide care for your gynecological and reproductive health outside of pregnancy, including:
- Breast health
- Care and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Care for HIV positive or STI-positive pregnancies to ensure that you and your baby stay safe and healthy
We provide compassionate care to ensure your and your baby’s overall wellness. Couples are encouraged to come to visits together and provide mutual support. Mothers-to be and their support person(s) can expect:
- Access to our Centering Pregnancy program, a very successful group-care model for pregnant women
- Centering is a model of group care that is designed to empower patients and families, strengthen provider-participant relationships, and build community through facilitated discussions, engaging activities, and individual time with a provider. At this time Mary’s Center is offering CenteringPregnancy virtually.
- CenteringPregnancy brings together expecting parents who are due within the same month for their prenatal care. CenteringPregnancy decreases the rate of preterm and low weight babies, increases breastfeeding rates, and leads to better pregnancy spacing.
- Ask your midwife if you are eligible to participate in CenteringPregnancy or call 202-545-2035 for more information.
- Access to our state-of-the-art Sonography Clinic in Adams Morgan for:
- Early pregnancy ultrasounds
- Anatomy ultrasounds
- Fetal well-being check-ups
- Access to a birth doula:
- Doulas are professionals that support and encourage pregnant people during labor and childbirth
- Mary’s Center partners with Graceful Fusion Birth Doula Training to refer pregnant participants to doulas at no cost
- If you are interested in being connected with a doula for your birth, please contact Austyn Holleman at 202-779-3006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help developing a personalized birth plan, so you feel calm and confident about your labor and delivery
- Regular check-ups, evaluations, and screenings to monitor your health and your baby’s health and development
- Resources and information about:
- Each stage of pregnancy
- Labor and delivery
- Postpartum care and follow-up
- Proper nutrition and exercise